Saturday, February 23, 2013

No Mud, No Lotus Necklace

When I was in Holland at my jewelry artists residency last spring there was a small pond in our backyard.  It was muddy, murky, filled with gross bugs and green slime.  I didn't pay too much attention to it, it hadn't been cared for for some time.  Until perfect pink lotus flowers started to blossom in it.  It captivated me.  I had new respect for the murky pond, new wonder and fascination.  I would sit in front of it and notice how the lotus flowers opened and closed.  I would notice how the bugs interacted with the flowers, I would notice how the plant life was so alive in the mud.......

artist residency lotus flower

holland artist residency

Art Jewellery enameled necklace
No Mud, No Lotus Necklace. Patsy Kay Kolesar Design 2013

patsy kay kolesar design art jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment