Monday, June 28, 2010

Bold. Colour. Passion.

My life is filled with bold passionate colour. It is not always pretty colours. Sometimes it's angry reds, some days it's crushing blues, and sometimes it's even head under the covers gray. But it is always interesting, engaging, and colourful.

When I was little I used to draw faces over and over again. I had one of those amazing cases of crayons with every colour imaginable and I would sit in front of a blank stack of crisp white paper and draw women's faces for hours. I would give everyone of them a name and a number, hole punch them and stick them in a binder. Some had dangle earrings, necklaces, bold make-up, and crazy hair. I was enchanted by all of the different colours that I could play with.

Playing with colour is something that I still get to do and is why I am so drawn to enameling jewelry. The colour combination possibilities are endless and I am constantly inspired by my colourful world to try new things.

I saw these photos the other day by photographer and former Heatherette designer Traver Rains.

Bold. Colour. Passion. Incredible......







All photos Traver Rains Photography www.traverrains.com



3 comments:

  1. Oh my god. Those photos are amaaaazing!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 29, 2010

    That is so neat that you would hole punch and stick your drawings in a binder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally you! truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete