Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Things That Really Matter

I hope that everyone is having a lovely Easter weekend, shared with people that you love.

I am very thoughtful this weekend about the things that really matter. My family and my friends and the deep connections which I share with them are what fuels everything in my life. They are ultimately my inspiration for every piece I create. I create out of love and passion. I have the ability to feel love and passion because of the amazing people who surround me. I feel so honored to be sharing a life time with such beautiful people.

My Carrot & Beet Brooches were inspired by the summers I spent in the garden with my Dad when I was growing up. He would always grow these big amazing vegetable gardens. I loved to help him pick the carrots and pull up the potatoes. Being with him in our backyard garden on a hot summers day is one of my most cherished childhood memories.


Carrot & Beet Brooches
sterling silver, 14k gold, freshwater pearls
Patsy Kay Kolesar 2008

2 comments:

  1. I love these brooches! & the inspiration behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Simone. I love them too, I really should wear them more often. I rarely wear brooches.....

    ReplyDelete